It is important to nourish yourself by eating a healthy, well-balanced diet, and staying physically active. RMA of New York has a nutritionist on staff to assist you in achieving your pre-treatment weight loss and nutritional goals at every stage of fertility treatment and pregnancy.
Counseling Offered For:
- Basic Wellness
- Pre-conception health including key nutrients for fertility
- Nutrition for Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Nutrition for Thyroid Disorder (Hyper- and hypothyroidism/Hashimotos/Graves)
- Patients with BMI’s outside the normal range
- Obesity and BMI > 40
- Diabetes/Past History of Gestational Diabetes
- Vegetarians and vegans
- Continuing support during pregnancy
- Post-natal nutrition
- Patients who have anxiety and want to take ownership of their dietary health during the fertility process
- Patients who have questions related to mercury consumption, types of cheeses to eat or whether they should be avoiding products with BPA
Nutrition Programs for Individuals & Couples:
- Nutrition Basic Consultation
This 30-minute session provides a general overview of nutrition related to infertility treatments. Discussions may cover general weight loss or gain prior to treatment, and/or nutritional recommendations related to medical conditions, such as thyroid conditions and PCOS.
- Nutrition In-Depth Consultation
This 60-minute session will evaluate lifestyle and treatment needs to create a realistic and customized meal plan to follow.
- Nutrition Couples Consultation
This 2-hour session will provide a nutritional overview for both as well as a customized meal plan for each with the option to attend their own follow up appointments individually.
- Nutrition Custom Package
The Custom Package includes five sessions, with one initial In-Depth Consultation and four Follow-Up Sessions. The first appointment will consist of an evaluation of lifestyle and treatment needs and a realistic and customized meal plan to follow.
The First Step Towards Your Future
Every journey begins with a first step. Attend a free seminar, speak with
a patient concierge, or schedule a consultation.