- Undergraduate: Yeshiva University
- Medical School: Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Urology Residency: Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Male Reproductive Medicine and Surgery Fellowship: Baylor College of Medicine
- President of the Society for Male Reproduction and Urology
- Recipient of an NIH RO1 research grant
- Male Infertility
- Micro TESE
- Assessment of and optimization of sperm quality
Dr. Bar-Chama has lent his expert opinion to articles on male health and fertility on CNN, Business Insider, Romper, US News, Washington Post, Business Times, and Medscape.
- Member, American Medical Association
- Member, American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- Member, American Urological Association
- Former President, Society for Male Reproduction and Urology
- Married father of two children
- An avid road biker
- Food enthusiast
Izadyar F, Wong J, Maki C, Pacchiarotti J, Ramos T, Howerton K, Yuen C, Greilach S, Zhao HH, Chow M, Chow YC, Rao J, Barritt J, Bar-Chama N, Copperman AB. Identification and characterization of repopulating spermatogonial stem cells from the adult human testis
Hum Reprod. 2011 Jun;26(6):1296-306
Luna M, Finkler E, Barritt J, Bar-Chama N, Sandler B, Copperman AB, Grunfeld L. Paternal age and assisted reproductive technology outcome in ovum recipients.
Fertil Steril. 2009 Nov
Schiff JD1, Luna M, Barritt J, Duke M, Copperman A, Bar-Chama N. The morphology of extracted testicular sperm correlates with fertilization but not pregnancy rates.
BJU Int. 2007 Dec
Dr. Bar-Chama was awarded the New York Academy of Medicine F.C. Valentine Fellowship and has been recognized in New York Magazine’s annual Best Doctor list of urologists. Dr. Bar-Chama has also been named a New York Super Doctor each year since 2009.
It’s never too early to learn about your fertility and reproductive options.
Have questions? We can help.
Patient-centric reproductive medicine is our specialty, and we look forward to answering any questions you may have.