- Medical Degree: University of Guadalajara, Summa cum Laude, Mexico
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency: the Technology Institute of Superior Studies in Monterrey, Mexico
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility Fellowship: Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Masters Degree in Clinical Embryology and Andrology: Eastern Virginia Medical School and the Jones Institute for Reproductive Medicine
- Member, Board Directory of the Mexican Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Professor Examiner, Mexican Board of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
- Editorial Board, The Mexican Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Fellow, American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Member, American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- Member, Mexican Association for Reproductive Medicine
- Member, Mexican College of Specialists in Obstetrics and Gynecology
To learn more about Dr. Luna
Research and Academics
Dr. Luna is the principal investigator for multiple studies and has published numerous articles on reproduction in international scientific medical journals. She has presented research at national and international scientific conferences. She has been invited to speak nationally and internationally on various infertility-related topics.
Gerardo Vela, M.D., Martha Luna, M.D., Jason Barritt, Ph.D., Benjamin Sandler, M.D., Alan B. Copperman, M.D. Monozygotic pregnancies conceived by in vitro fertilization: understanding their prognosis.
Fertil Steril 2011
Luna M, Vela G, McDonald CA, Copperman AB. Results with GnRH antagonist protocols are equivalent to GnRH agonist protocols in comparable patient populations.
J Reprod Med. 2012 Mar-Apr
Vela G, Ruman J, Luna M, Sandler B, and Copperman AB. Profound pituitary suppression following oral contraceptive pretreatment in gonadotropin-releasing hormone antagonist cycles does not impact outcome: a retrospective cohort study.
JFIV Reprod Med Genet 2017