- Undergraduate: Florida State University
- Research Fellowship: Howard Hughes Medical Institute at Florida State University, Cum Laude with Honors
- Medical School: Florida State University of Medicine
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency: Albert Einstein College of Medicine/ Montefiore Medical Center
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility Fellowship: Albert Einstein College of Medicine/ Montefiore Medical Center
- Advocacy work with ASRM, Resolve, and ACOG to help increase access to care for patients and make their voices and struggles heard. Previously served as ACOG district II junior fellow legislative committee representative and attended numerous advocacy days both in person in Washington DC and virtually since the pandemic.
- Held leadership positions representing the state of New York for the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Proudest of the personal relationships she develops with patients and watching them in their journey to parenthood. It is not always an easy road, but nothing is better than when she receives an email, card, or DM with a former patient and their new baby.
- Egg Freezing & Infertility
Dr. Thornton has contributed to articles on IVF and reproductive health that have appeared in media publications such as the Wall Street Journal, Elle Magazine, Romper, and VeryWell Family.
- Member, American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- Fellow, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Member, Gold Humanism Honor Society
- Member, RESOLVE
- Proud mom
- Avid dog lover and owner of a Shetland Sheepdog
- Loves spending free time in Central Park with her dog and family
To learn more about Dr. Thornton
While in medical school, Dr. Thornton was elected by her peers into the Gold Humanism Honor Society in recognition of her service to others, as well as professional virtues of compassion, integrity and relationships with patients. Dr. Thornton was named a New York Rising Star in 2022