- Medical School: Hacettepe University Medical School, Turkey
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency: Marmara University Hospital, Turkey
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency: Maimonides Medical Center
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility Fellowship: Albert Einstein College of Medicine/Montefiore Medical Center
- Currently the Program Director of REI Fellowship Program at RMA NY/Mount Sinai, training the next generation of reproductive endocrinologists.
- Board examiner at American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology for the certifying exam for REI.
- Published work on the first embryo created from an ovarian transplantation
- Fertility Preservation
- Pre-implantation genetic testing (PGT)
- Member, American Society for Reproductive Medicine
- Member, Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology
- Member, Society for Reproductive Investigation
- Fellow, American Congress for Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
To learn more about Dr. Buyuk
Research and Academics
Since the beginning of his career, Dr. Buyuk has demonstrated a passion for research. He has authored over 100 peer-reviewed publications, book chapters and abstracts that focus on a variety of reproductive health topics, including fertility preservation, preimplantation genetic testing, diminished ovarian reserve, and the effect of obesity on fertility. Dr. Buyuk is committed to the teaching and training of future practitioners.
Obehi Asemota, Kimberley Thornton, Zaher Merhi, Dara S. Berger, Lyda Williams, Yoshinori Seki, Xiu Quan Du, Sangita Jindal, Maureen J. Charron, Erkan Buyuk. Monocyte chemotactic protein-1 plays a role in ovarian dysfunction related to high-fat diet-induced obesity.
Systems Biology in Reproductive Medicine, June 30, 2020
Kimberly Thornton, Zaher Merhi, Sangita Jindal, Michelle Goldsammler, Maureen J Charron, Erkan Buyuk. Dietary Advanced Glycation End Products (AGEs could alter ovarian function in mice.)
Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology, June 15, 2020.
Dr. Buyuk’s scientific contributions have received several awards including the Society for Reproductive Investigation/Bayer Award in 2018 and the Prize Paper at the Pacific Coast Reproductive Society Annual Meeting in 2019. Dr. Buyuk is recognized by Castle Connolly as a Top Doctor and has been named a New York Super Doctor every year since 2018.