- Undergraduate: University of Pennsylvania
- Medical School: New York Medical College
- Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency: Yale University School of Medicine
- Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility Fellowship: Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Greatest accomplishment is founding RMA of New York in 2001
- Recently recognized by Crain’s business as a healthcare leader
- Proud of the many publications and contributions to the scientific literature on egg freezing, genetics, reproductive medicine, and data driven patient care
- Fertility Preservation
- IVF with pre-implantation genetic testing (PGT) of embryos
- Data-driven compassionate care for patients and couples who struggle with infertility
He is frequently quoted in print and digital media (Associated Press, Wall Street Journal, U.S. News & World Report, The New York Times, Daily News, WebMD, SELF, Health.com, Parenting Magazine, Parents.com, Refinery29), and has been featured on local and nationally-televised news shows including Fox 5 NY Live, CBS This Morning, Huffington Post Live, Anderson Cooper 360, and 20/20.
- Member, American Medical Association
- Fellow, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- Fellow, American Society of Reproductive Medicine
- Member, American Association of Gynecological Laparoscopy
- Member, New York Society of Reproductive Medicine
- Board of Directors, RESOLVE
- Spin at Soul Cycle or on the Peloton
- Playing Billy Joel songs on the piano
- Cooking and travelling with family
To learn more about Dr. Copperman
Research & Academics
To date, he has published more than 500 book chapters, peer-reviewed papers, and scientific abstracts on infertility, IVF, fertility preservation, ovum donation, and genetics. Most recently, Dr. Copperman was a senior author of the landmark study published in Obstetrics & Gynecology (The Green Journal), showing that vaccination against COVID-19 did not affect fertility outcomes in patients undergoing IVF.
Lucky Sekhon, MD, Joseph A. Lee, BA, Eric Flisser, MD, Alan B. Copperman, MD, Daniel Stein, MD.
Blastocyst Vitrification, Cryostorage and warming does not impact embryo transfer success, infant birthweight or timing of delivery.
Reproductive BioMedicine Online 2018.
Nola S. Herlihy, Lucky Sekhon, Joseph A. Lee, Daniel Stein, Alan B. Copperman, Matthew A. Lederman
Caring for BRCA Carriers Strategies to Promote Health and Preserve Fertility.
Journal of Women’s Health and Gynecology, March 08, 2018.
Carlos Hernandez-Nieto, M.D., Joseph Lee, B.A., Taraneh Nazem, M.D., Dmitry Gounko, M.A., Alan Copperman, M.D., and Benjamin Sandler, M.D.
Embryo aneuploidy is not impacted by selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor exposure.
Fertility and Sterility® Vol. 108, No. 6, December 2017.
Dr. Alan Copperman was named one of Crain’s New York Business 2022 Notable Health Care Leaders for his extensive contributions to the field of reproductive medicine. He has also been named a New York SuperDoctor annually since its first publication in 2008, and a Castle Connolly Top Doctor in New York Magazine for two decades.
It’s never too early to learn about your fertility and reproductive options.
Have questions? We can help.
Patient-centric reproductive medicine is our specialty, and we look forward to answering any questions you may have.